To be advised
To be advised
30 hours / 4 days
Day 1: 3 hours of e-learning (at the participant’s own time prior to classroom training ) + 4 classroom facilitated learning
Day 2: 8 hours of face-to-face learning
Day 3: 3 hours of e-learning (at the participant’s own time prior to classroom training ) + 4 classroom facilitated learning
Day 4: 8 hours of classroom facilitated learning
Mode of Training:
This course focuses on equipping participants will information literacy skillsets to help participants discern useful knowledge from the world wide web. In addition, participants will also make use of various Design Thinking tools to assist them in solving issues in their personal and work life.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Evaluate various internet sources using the info literacy framework
• Apply information literacy concepts in identifying useful and relevant information
• Explain how design thinking can assist in problem solving
• Deploy Design Thinking tools to solve a work or personal issue
Module 1: Basic Information Literacy
Module 2: Introduction to Design Thinking
• Learn the process of Design Thinking to solve a work issue
• Make use of various online collaborative tools to organise information, brainstorm and conceptualise ideas.
• Interactive Quizzes on “fake” and real news sources
• Online package on media literacy to assist learners to identify trustworthy sources
Complete 3 other courses to obtain a Certificate in Basic Digital Confidence. Click here to find out more.
Anyone who is open to building a future-ready mindset and be prepared and confident for changes in the digital world.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English Proficiency
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.