DIPLOMA IN AEROSPACE ELECTRONICS (S90)
Intake for 2020: 100
Range of Net 2020 JAE ELR2B2: (6 to 13 if intake is 45)->Click here to find out why
Click here to find out more
Highly recognised Aerospace Electronics diploma course to develop future-ready engineers for growing Singapore as a Smart Aviation Hub.
The outlook for the global aerospace industry is positive with demand for both commercial and military aircraft to remain robust. Annual air traffic is expected to grow around 4% with an estimated 40,000 aircraft to be added into service around the world, especially in this region, in the next two decades. With 320ha Seletar Aerospace Park and the upcoming Changi Airport Terminal 5, Singapore is well-positioned to ride on the future growth in the global aerospace industry.
With the aerospace industry developing towards More Electric Aircraft (MEA), Aerospace Electronics are increasingly playing a bigger part in modern aircraft such as the Airbus A350, Boeing 787 and fighter jets in the areas of flight management, control, instrumentation, communication, navigation and power generation. You will learn how these Electrical and Electronic systems work through theory and practical hands-on lessons.
The broad-based curriculum will equip you with the skills and knowledge to perform a wide spectrum of aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul activities in the aerospace industry as well as to prepare you for further studies with advanced standing in both local and overseas universities.
With the official industry support from ST Engineering Aerospace as our SAR147 B1 & B2 training partner, this course will provide you an advantage in the aerospace MRO industry.
Students will operate A320 cockpit flight simulator and work on the aircraft for hands-on lessons as part of the curriculum. For those who aspire to be an aircraft pilot and/or CAAS certified drone pilot, this course offers you various electives (i.e. Commercial Pilot Theory and Unmanned Aircraft Flying and Drone Technologies) to pursue your passion and pilot dream.
- State-of-the-art aircraft training facilities at AEROHUB with four aircraft (Hawker 125-700A, King Air B90, A4SU Super Skyhawk and Bell UH-1H Helicopter) and two full-size A320 cockpit flight simulators to provide authentic aircraft training experience.
- A curriculum that is aligned to the “Singapore Airworthiness Requirements Part 66” (SAR 66) specified by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) to prepare you for a career as a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Opportunity to pursue Private Pilot Licence (PPL) at Singapore Youth Flying Club (SYFC) and/or CAAS Unmanned Aircraft Pilot Licence (UAPL).
- Prestigious scholarship or sponsorship (e.g. SP Engineering Scholars, RSAF, A*STAR, DSTA, DSO, Home Team and SAF) that covers tuition fees and provides allowance.
- Electives in the areas of:
- Commercial Pilot Theory,
- Unmanned Aircraft Flying and Drone Technologies
- Airport Terminal Operations & Management.
- An exciting 2-week overseas exchange programme (Learning Express) where you will use your skills and knowledge to improve lives in the real world.
- Opportunities to go for overseas immersion programme in countries such as China and Taiwan.
- 22-week overseas or local internship opportunities at reputable local aerospace companies such as Airbus, Rolls-Royce, SIAEC, ST Engineering Aerospace, Thales, CAAS and Changi Airport Group.
- Premier Engineering Academy programme and UAV competitions (e.g. Singapore Amazing Flying Machine Competition).
- A curriculum that follows the CDIO (Conceive-Design-Implement-Operate) framework which is adopted in top universities such as MIT.
- A proven track record of DASE graduates admitted to local and overseas universities such as NUS, NTU, SUTD, SIT, SUSS, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (USA), Imperial College (UK) and University of New South Wales (Australia).
- Direct entry into second year of Electrical and Electronic Engineering course at NTU.
- Advanced placement credits (APCs) in relevant modules for up to a maximum of 40 modular credits (equivalent to a year’s worth of study) at NUS.
- Advanced standing of up to two years when applying for related degree programmes at overseas universities.
- An excellent track record of DASE graduates awarded with prestigious undergraduate scholarships (e.g. NUS Engineering Scholarship, Overseas Poly-Go-UAS, Renaissance Engineering Programme, SUTD-SMU Dual Degree Scholarship).