DIPLOMA IN AEROSPACE ELECTRONICS (S90)
Intake for 2022: 90
Range of Net 2022 JAE ELR2B2: (7 to 12 if intake is 75)->Click
to find out why
Click here to find out more
Highly recognised Aerospace Electronics diploma course to develop future-ready engineers for growing Singapore as a Smart Aviation Hub.
Despite the Covid-19 pandemic, the longer-term outlook for the global aerospace industry remains positive for the demand in both commercial and military aircraft. Annual air traffic is expected to grow around 4% with an estimated 40,000 aircraft to be
added into service around the world, especially in this region, in the next two decades. With 320ha Seletar Aerospace Park and the upcoming Changi Airport Terminal 5, Singapore is well-positioned to ride on the future growth in the global aerospace
With the aerospace industry developing towards More Electric Aircraft (MEA), Aerospace Electronics are increasingly playing a bigger part in modern aircraft such as the Airbus A350, Boeing 787 and fighter jets in the areas of flight management, control,
instrumentation, communication, navigation and power generation. You will learn how these Electrical and Electronic systems work through theory and practical hands-on lessons.
The broad-based curriculum will equip you with technical skills
and competencies in Aerospace Engineering (Avionics) and Information & Communication Technology (ICT) in Emerging Technologies for both aerospace sector and adjacent industries. This course offers you a choice of 2 pathways where you can choose
up to 5 electives to pursue your passion. It also prepares you for further studies with advanced standing in both local and overseas universities.
With the official industry support from ST Engineering Aerospace as our SAR147 B1 & B2 training partner, this course will provide you an advantage in the aerospace MRO industry.
Students will operate A320 cockpit flight simulator and work
on the aircraft for hands-on lessons as part of the curriculum. For those who aspire to be an aircraft pilot and/or CAAS certified Unmanned Aircraft Pilot*, this course offers you various electives (i.e. Commercial Pilot Theory and Unmanned Aircraft
Flying and Drone Technologies) to pursue your passion and pilot dream.
*Singapore Polytechnic has been approved as an approved CAAS Unmanned Aircraft Training and Assessment Organisation (UATO) since Mar 2021. DASE students will have the advantage in pursuing their Unmanned Aircraft Pilot Licence (UAPL) at SP.
Commercial Pilot Theory
Unmanned Aircraft Flying and Drone Technologies
- 4,660 square metre state-of-the-art aircraft training facility:
The Aerohub, equipped with four aircraft (Hawker 125-700A, King Air B90, A4SU Super Skyhawk and Bell UH-1H Helicopter) and two full-size A320 cockpit flight simulators to provide
authentic aircraft training experience.
- An opportunity to join the SP-NUS Collaboration or SP-SUTD Pathway Programme to get a head start in university life.
- (NEW) A choice of 3 or 5 electives to pursue your passion that can lead to a certificate or minor respectively. Minors in the following areas will be launched:
- Digitalisation (e.g. Minor in 5G & AIoT, Minor in Data & Artificial Intelligence)
- Sustainability (e.g. Minor in Green Energy)
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship (e.g. Minor in Entrepreneurship)
- A curriculum that is aligned to the Singapore Airworthiness Requirements Part 66 (SAR 66) specified by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) and Skills Framework in Aerospace.
- Common Core modules in critical human and emerging digital skills that provide an integral learning experience alongside domain modules.
- An advantage in your pursuit for a Private Pilot License (PPL) at the Singapore Youth Flying Club (SYFC) or an opportunity to take up an elective on Commercial Pilot Theory to kick-start your career as a pilot.
- Certificate in Aviation Management or electives in the areas of Commercial Pilot Theory or Unmanned Aircraft Flying and Drone Technologies.
- 22-week overseas or local internship opportunities at reputable local aerospace companies such as Airbus, Rolls-Royce, SIAEC, ST Engineering Aerospace, Thales, CAAS and Changi Airport Group.
- An opportunity to join the premier Engineering Academy programme and take part in UAV competitions (e.g. Singapore Amazing Flying Machine Competition).
- A curriculum that follows the CDIO (Conceive-Design-Implement-Operate) framework which is adopted in top universities such as MIT.
- A proven track record of DASE graduates admitted to local and overseas universities such as NUS, NTU, SUTD, SIT, SUSS, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (USA), Imperial College (UK) and University of New South Wales (Australia).
If you are interested in Early Admission Exercise, Click find out more
Click on the image below to download the School Brochure: