DIPLOMA IN AEROSPACE ELECTRONICS (S90, DASE)
FUTURE CAREER AND STUDIES
I can begin my career
Some possible careers include:
- Air Force Engineer (Maintenance)
- Air Traffic Controller
- Assistant Engineer (Training and Simulation Systems)
- Assistant Engineer (Unmanned Vehicle System Design)
- Assistant Aerospace Sales & Marketing Engineer
- Assistant Systems Integrator (Avionics)
- Flight Operations Officer
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- Planning Executive
- Quality Assurance Officer (Aircraft Systems)
Most of our engineering fresh graduates will begin their career as an Assistant Engineer, progress to Engineer and then advance to Senior Engineer after they have gained technical experience in the field. Opportunity for growth and advancement to management
position is possible after they have worked as a Senior Engineer for few years by becoming a Manager, taking up greater responsibility and challenges to hone their people management skills.
|Ms Shirleen Chow, a graduate of 2006 in SIA |
EngineeringCompany, an operational Executive
Kitson Wang, DASE graduate 2011
Republic of Singapore Air Force
Click HERE to see the job openings available to EEE graduates.
Ms Ang Liang Sheng
Diploma in Aerospace Electronics, Class of 2014
- Nanyang Technological University, B.Eng. Electrical and Electronic Engineering
“The DASE course has provided me with a strong foundation for personal and professional growth. The passionate and knowledgeable lecturers, combined with the insightful curriculum and overseas internship opportunities, gave me a comprehensive preview of the aerospace industry. I gained a deeper understanding of the skills and knowledge required in the field.
Mr Damian Cheng
Co-Founder of Nimbus UAV
Diploma in Aerospace Electronics, Class of 2014
“The DASE course has provided me with technical knowledge, industry connections, and exposure to innovation in the aerospace industry. In addition, the overseas internship program provided me with valuable industrial experience and an overview of the aerospace industry, which can help me to better understand global markets, technologies, and business practices. The knowledge and experience I have gained through this course helped spark my interest to start and grow my own unmanned system business."
I can further my studies
You can gain advanced standing of up to two years of exemption in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering degree courses in local and overseas universities such as NUS, NTU, SUTD, SIT, SUSS, Embry-Riddle
Aeronautical University (USA), Imperial College (UK) and University of New South Wales (Australia).
The Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) and University of Glasgow have accredited the DASE course for a two years exemption in their
“Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Aerospace Systems” and “Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Aeronautical Engineering” degree programmes.
The Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) offers DASE graduates
an accelerated part time training path leading to a Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Honours) in Aerospace Systems.
All SP EEE diploma courses (DASE, DCPE, DEEE, DEB) enjoy Advanced Placement Credits (Microsoft Word - APCs-for-Accredited-Dip_CDE-ENG-CEG_AY23-24.docx (nus.edu.sg))
to the NUS Computer Engineering programme.
Graduates from all SP EEE diploma courses (DASE, DCPE, DEEE, DEB) are eligible to apply to NUS Computer Science Degree Programme as long as they meet the required mathematics pre-requisites. DASE, DCPE and DEB graduates can get additional
module exemptions. NUS Computing - Exemptions for Polytechnic graduates
National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical, Biomedical, Computer or Engineering Science)
Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical & Electronic or Computer)
- Renaissance Engineering Programme
Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Engineering Systems & Design
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Aerospace Systems or Aeronautical Engineering
Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Honours) in Aerospace Systems
- Australian National University (Australia)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronics Systems)
- University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- University of Edinburgh (UK)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical & Electronic)
- University of Liverpool (UK)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace Engineering)
United States of America
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (USA)
- Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics
For a full list of degree options and advanced standings at the local or overseas universities, please visit the Advanced Standing Database