DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING (S53)
Intake for 2021: 220
Range of Net 2021 JAE ELR2B2: (4 to 12 if intake is 135)->Click
to find out why
Click here to find out more
Click here to find out more
Comprehensive and highly sought-after Computing diploma course to develop engineers who can devise innovative solutions for a Smart Nation.
Singapore is striving to become a “Smart Nation”, and many big, modern cities in this world are racing toward that direction too. In the Smart Cities of future, we will see autonomous vehicles roaming on the roads; drones delivering orders;
Intelligent City Management Systems (traffic, transport, power-grid, policing), etc. We will also see intelligent robots in Smart Factories producing high-quality products; AI-powered Smart Farms growing nutritious and environment-friendly vegetables.
The future Smart Cities rely heavily on modern technologies such as AIoT (Artificial Intelligence of Things), Data Analytics, 5G networking and Cybersecurity. Do you have the knowledge and skills in these areas, tapping on these trends to achieve
great success in your career?
Diploma in Computer Engineering (DCPE) is the course that you can gain knowledge and skillsets for these emerging trends to develop secured smart solutions with intelligent devices for innovative info-communication service. "Computer Engineering" is a
discipline about the hardware and software aspects of computer science. Computers are at the heart of any intelligent, modern and high tech systems. Devices and systems are becoming smarter (e.g. AI-enabled) because of computers.
DCPE is the most comprehensive diploma-level computing course in Singapore, offering varieties of specializations that no other courses can match. You are guaranteed to find the specialization that inspires and excites you. With DCPE, you will be equipped
with solid foundation in computer and electronic hardware design, software programming, networking, cyber security, and cloud computing. You will master the skill of integrating various computing technologies to design and implement intelligent systems
and robotics. These skills & knowledge will empower you to take up the challenges of this digital age.
How is DCPE different from other IT courses that also teach Software Programming, AI, and/or Cyber Security? Visit the Facebook Page of DCPE (www.facebook.com/dcpe.sp) for the answers!!!
DCPE offers the uniqueness of covering Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT), which combines “Artificial Intelligence” (AI) and “Internet of Things” (IoT). AI is not new (the
term “AI” was adopted by Computer Scientist Prof John McCarthy in 1956), while the idea of “IoT” is more recent (about 2008, according to Cisco Systems). Combining the power of IoT in “sensor data collection” with
the power of AI in “performance optimization”, computer engineers are seeing explosive opportunities in inventing smart systems to catalyse our society into an AIoT-powered future.
In EEE, we apply AIoT knowledge in our iconic and industry projects. Students gained invaluable experience of applying AI and IoT knowledge together to tackle engineering problems. Examples: Autonomous Electric Vehicle (AEV); Vertical Farming; and RoboCup@Work.
EEE will have our new AIoT Centre in 2021, to further explore the potential of AI and IoT technologies in engineering applications, and to devise innovative, intelligent and ingenious solutions
for our future world.
|Students preparing the |
Autonomous Electric Vehicle (AEV)
for road testing.
|The healthy, fast growing|
vegetable of the “Vertical Farming”
|The RoboCup@Work robot|
demonstrating its “Recognise & Pick”
action in the Rotating Table Test (RTT).
- The most comprehensive curriculum of its kind, covering Embedded Systems, Software, Networking, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing and Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT), which combines Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT).
- A wide variety of specialisation options in Computer Applications, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing and Smart City Technologies.
- Alignment with industrial certifications such as CCNA, CompTIA Cloud Essentials, CCNA Security / CompTIA Security+, CCNA Cyber Ops to enhance your career prospects.
- Authentic learning using on-campus facilities such as Smart Connected Solutions Lab.
- An opportunity to join the premier Engineering Academy Programme and take part in local and overseas competitions.
- An opportunity to join the SP-NUS Collaboration or SP-SUTD Pathway Programme to get a head start in university life.
- Prestigious SingTel Engineering Cadet Scholarship that cover tuition fees, monthly allowance and laptop allowance.
- CSIT Diploma Scholarship (CSIT=Centre for Strategic Infocomm Technologies) that is bond-free, covering all tuition and compulsory fees, annual allowance and laptop allowance.
- 22-week enhanced internship programme at reputable companies to deepen your skills and provide you with exposure to real world projects.
- 6-week Overseas Immersion Programme to Japan.
- Further studies at either local or overseas universities, eligible for degree programmes in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, etc.
- You can gain direct entry into the second year of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering course at NTU or gain about one year’s worth of exemptions at NUS.
- You may be granted advanced standing of up to two years when applying for related degree programmes at overseas universities
If you are interested in Early Admission Exercise, click find out more