DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING (S53, DCPE)
Intake for 2023: 201
Range of Net 2023 JAE ELR2B2: 3 to 12
Click here to find out more
Click here to find out more
Comprehensive and highly sought-after Computing diploma course to develop engineers who can devise innovative solutions for a Smart Nation.
Singapore is striving to become a “Smart Nation”, and many big, modern cities in this world are racing toward that direction too. In the Smart Cities of future, we will see autonomous vehicles roaming on the roads; drones delivering orders;
Intelligent City Management Systems (traffic, transport, power-grid, policing), etc. We will also see intelligent robots in Smart Factories producing high-quality products; AI-powered Smart Farms growing nutritious and environment-friendly vegetables.
The future Smart Cities rely heavily on modern technologies such as AIoT (Artificial Intelligence of Things), Data Analytics, 5G networking and Cybersecurity. Do you have the knowledge and skills in these areas, tapping on these trends to achieve
great success in your career?
Diploma in Computer Engineering (DCPE) is the course that you can gain knowledge and skillsets for these emerging trends to develop secured smart solutions with intelligent devices for innovative info-communication service. "Computer Engineering" is a
discipline about the hardware and software aspects of computer science. Computers are at the heart of any intelligent, modern and high tech systems. Devices and systems are becoming smarter (e.g. AI-enabled) because of computers.
DCPE is the most comprehensive diploma-level computing course in Singapore, offering varieties of specialisations that no other courses can match. You are guaranteed to find the specialisation that inspires and excites you. With DCPE,
you will be equipped with solid foundation in computer and electronic hardware design, software programming, networking, cyber security, and cloud computing. You will master the skill of integrating various computing technologies to design and implement
intelligent systems and robotics. These skills & knowledge will empower you to take up the challenges of this digital age.
How is DCPE different from other similar courses that also teach Software Programming, AI, and/or Cyber Security? Visit the Blog (https://sp-dcpe.blogspot.com) and Facebook Page of DCPE (www.facebook.com/dcpe.sp) for the answers!!!
DCPE offers the uniqueness of covering Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT), which combines “Artificial Intelligence” (AI) and “Internet of Things” (IoT). Combining the power
of IoT in “sensor data collection” with the power of AI in “performance optimization”, computer engineers are seeing explosive opportunities in inventing smart systems to catalyse our society into an AIoT-powered future.
In EEE, we apply AIoT knowledge in our iconic and industry projects. Students gained invaluable experience of applying AI and IoT knowledge together to tackle engineering problems. Examples: Autonomous Electric Vehicle (AEV); Vertical Farming; RoboCup@Work;
and Rebottle to Recycle. EEE is also experimenting on adding 5G connectivity to AIoT applications.
On 17 Nov 2021, EEE officially launched our new 5G & AIoT Centre, a centre for exploring the potential of integrating 5G, AI and IoT technologies in engineering applications, to design innovative,
intelligent and ingenious solutions for our future world. Many DCPE students have participated in research projects in the areas of 5G and AIoT.
Students preparing the Autonomous Electric Vehicle (AEV) for road testing.
The healthy, fast growing vegetable of the “Vertical Farming” project.
The RoboCup@Work robot demonstrating its “Recognise & Pick” action in the Rotating Table Test (RTT).
- The most comprehensive curriculum of its kind, covering Embedded Systems, Software, 5G Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Cloud Computing, Networking and Cyber Security.
- A wide variety of specialisation options in Computer Applications, Cyber Security, Smart City Technologies and Cloud Systems.
- Alignment with industrial certifications such as CCNA, Cisco certified CyberOps Associate, CompTIA Security+, AWS certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS certified Solutions Architect Associate, and Huawei HCIA-AI to enhance your career prospects.
- Accelerated Pathway Programme: An opportunity to join the SP-NUS Accelerated Pathway Programme(SP-NUS APP) or SP-SUTD Accelerated Pathway Programme(SP-SUTD APP) to get
a head start in university life.
- (NEW) A choice of 3 or 5 electives to pursue your passion that can lead to a certificate or minor respectively. Minors in the following areas will be launched:
- Digitalisation (e.g. Minor in 5G & AIoT, Minor in Data & Artificial Intelligence)
- Sustainability (e.g. Minor in Green Energy)
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship (e.g. Minor in Entrepreneurship)
- Scholarships and Awards from CSIT, Singtel, A*STAR, DSTA, DSO, and Singapore Polytechnic.
- 6-week Overseas Immersion Programme to Japan
- 22-week internship opportunities at reputable companies for exposure to various aspects of computing, networking and research.
- An opportunity of 12-month internship attachment to GovTech for exposure to Smart Nation projects.
- An opportunity to join the premier Engineering Academy programme and take part in local and overseas competitions.
- A curriculum that follows the CDIO (Conceive-Design-Implement-Operate) framework, which is used in top universities in the United States, Europe and Australia.
- Authentic learning using on-campus facilities such as Smart Connected Solutions Lab.
- Further studies at either local or overseas universities, eligible for degree programmes in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Infocomm Engineering, Information Systems, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, etc.
- You can gain direct entry into the second year of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering course at NTU or gain about one year’s worth of exemptions at NUS.
- You may be granted advanced standing of up to two years when applying for related degree programmes at overseas universities