DIPLOMA IN BANKING AND FINANCE (DBKF - S76)
The Early Admissions Exercise or EAE is a yearly discretionary admissions exercise that allows SP to select and admit students based on their passion, interests and aptitude apart from academic grades. Learners of all ages are more engaged and tend
to do well while pursuing a course they are passionate about.
If you are an O-level student, ITE student or a working adult interested in enrolling via EAE, read on to find out more information about the assessment and selection process for this course:
The SP Diploma in Banking and Finance (DBKF) course is for those who want to excel in the financial sector. The Diploma gives students the opportunity to acquire specialist knowledge and skills related to banking, monetary, financial operations,
analytics and Financial Technology (Fintech). DBKF develops tomorrow’s finance professionals with a strong theoretical foundation and the skillsets needed to navigate the evolving world of finance.
Applicants should have a basic understanding of the banking and finance industry. You should be able to explain why you feel that you would be a good fit for jobs in this sector. You can demonstrate your strengths and interests by highlighting experiences
you have had inside or outside school such as:
- Co-curricular activities (e.g. clubs or associations)
- Investment or case study competitions
- Community events or community service projects
- Volunteering or religious activities
- Hobbies or leisure activities
With the finance sector’s increased demand for skills in technology and analytics, students who can display experiences or interests in areas of technology such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), data analysis, and programming will be considered
We are looking for a genuine keenness to develop business & digital savviness, creativity, critical thinking skills, collaboration skills and desire for self-improvement. Our aim is to develop resilient students who are ready to embrace the fast-paced
and evolving banking and finance industry.
Shortlisted applicants would be required to sit for an aptitude test. The duration of the test is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. You will be assessed for your general abilities in areas such as language and numeracy skills, logical thinking and
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to to a face-to-face interview to share more about your:
To help you prepare for the interview, here are some practice questions:
- Share with us a significant project that you have undertaken in the last six months. What are some of the challenges you have encountered and the learning points from the project?
- Could you share what you think would be an important life skill you should have and why? Give us some examples of how you have worked on it.
- Share with us your experience of any course-related activities you have participated in over the last year and how you have benefitted from them.
- Share with us any special skills or talent that you possess and how you think they can be utilised to help you in your journey at Singapore Polytechnic.
- What are your career aspirations and how do you think our course can help you to reach them?
Relevant Work Experience*
For the Diploma in Banking & Finance, examples of work experience/job roles include but are not limited to the following:
- Customer Service Officer / Bank Teller
- Insurance Agent / Financial Planner
- Financial Analyst
- Corporate Finance Executive
- Regulation and Compliance Executive
- Other related roles listed in the Skills Framework for Financial Services
*Applies to Working Adult EAE applicants only
More information on EAE Application
About EAE (sp.edu.sg)