DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (DBA - S71)
LIFE@SP BUSINESS ADMIN
1. Winning Learning Experiences
Those who enjoy challenges and seek the thrill of winning may take part in various competitions! DBA students have excelled in many competitions. Here is a list of some recent competitions which DBA students have excelled:
- Our Innovation & Entrepreneurship student teams were awarded Top 3 winning teams in River Hongbao Hackathon (RHBHacks) 2019, 2020 and 2022
- Champion and 2nd Runner-Up of the School's Sustainability Challenge 2022
- Best Innovation Team Award at the NTU-Nanyang Technopreneurship Centre 2nd Young Innovators Challenge (2022)
- The Spirit of Enterprise (SOE) Charles & Keith Best Student Interviewer Awards (2016, 2017 and 2021) and Best Student Achievement Award 2021
- Champions at the Singapore Logistics Association's Supply Chain Challenge 2016, 2017, 2019 and 2021
- 1st Runner-Up and 2nd Runner-Up at the MonsoonSim Enterprise Resource Management Competition (MERMC) Singapore Finals (2021)
- 2nd Runner-Up (2020) and Champion (2019) of the Singapore University of Social Sciences Brand Challenge
- One of Top 3 teams at the FedEx Express/Junior Achievement International Trade Challenge Singapore 2020/2021. Champions at the FedEx Express/Junior Achievement International Trade Challenge Asia Pacific in 2016, and Champions at the FedEx Express/Junior Achievement International Trade Challenge Singapore 2016
- Gold and Silver Award Winners of the Marketing Institute of Singapore and Global Chinese Marketing Federation Global Brand Planning Competition 2019
- Winner of the Sakura Internet Award at KOSEN/National Institute of Technology - Joint Polytechnics Start-up Programme held in Tokyo, Japan in 2019
- Business China Youth Showdown second runner-up in 2016 and top-5 finalists in 2017
2. Winning Industry Experiences
- We bring you beyond textbooks and classrooms to broaden your learning experiences! In DBA, there are many innovative venues and platforms for you to take part in hands-on learning, such as our simulated workplace teaching facilities.
- We have collaborated with a select group of industry partners and alliances to prepare you for your career! Our SP Diploma in Business Admin students have worked on projects with esteemed industry partners such as Gong Cha, Singapore River Cruise, Scanteak Singapore, Watsons Singapore, Keppel Logistics, Seo Eng Joo Group, Exion Asia Stolt Container Terminal, Shalom International, Mentholatum Company, NETS Singapore, Mandom Corporation (Gatsby), Mott’s Snapple International, and The Neo Garden Group, just to name a few. These projects help students in applying the knowledge gained in the classroom to real-life business projects.
- In-campus sessions with industry guest-speakers will give you professional insights into their industry.
- Regular field trips to companies enhance classroom learning by allowing students to have real-world experience and bring them closer to industry.
3. Winning Overseas Experiences
(Some of these programmes have adopted an on-line format or are currently on hold due to the pandemic)
Students get to embark on various specially designed semester-long overseas immersion and internship programmes which will provide them with first-hand experience of living, studying and working overseas.
- Overseas Internship: For the independent self-starters who aren't afraid of leaving their comfort zone, we have interesting overseas internship opportunities in cities/countries such as Shen Zhen, Suzhou (China), Bangkok (Thailand), Yangon
(Myanmar), Jakarta (Indonesia) and Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam). Our students will experience more than overseas work placement. They gain invaluable international exposure working and living overseas, a much sought after skill set
in a globalised marketplace.
- Overseas Immersion Programme: Prepare yourself for an international career! Immerse in a foreign culture and way of life for up to one semester in countries such as China. Our students on the Overseas Immersion Programme will study for one semester
at a university in China. Apart from studying, they will get to spend time exploring and immersing in a foreign culture and increase their global exposure.
- Learning Express (LEX), Overseas Social Innovation Programme (OSIP), and Overseas Community Service Programme (OCSP): These provide you with opportunities to experience the world, learn new skills, make new and meaningful friendships, and rediscover
yourself through out-of-classroom learning.
- Internationalisation Electives: Students have many opportunities to take outbound or inbound electives where they can visit an ASEAN countries and work with students from our partner universities on meaningful client projects. These include conducting market research for products or brands across different markets. Alternatively, they could host overseas students in Singapore and work on consumer insights studies.
"The business-world offers careers like no other. Completing the Diploma in Business Administration course at SP has provided me with many advantages for career placement and advancement. With a qualification in business, you enter the working world with unrivalled versatility, which can be approached from multiple angles. Following my graduation, I took up the SkillsFuture’s Earn and Learn Programme (ELP) which allows me to take my skills and knowledge to the next level with a Specialist Diploma in Retail Management whilst working full-time."
Class of 2015
Assistant Fashion Coach
Charles & Keith Singapore