COMMON BUSINESS PROGRAMME (CBP - S31)
The Early Admissions Exercise or EAE is a yearly discretionary admissions exercise that allows SP to select and admit students based on their passion, interests and aptitude apart from academic grades. Learners of all ages are more engaged and tend
to do well while pursuing a course they are passionate about.
If you are an O-level student, ITE student or a working adult interested in enrolling via EAE, read on to find out more information about the assessment and selection process for this course:
The SP Common Business Programme (CBP) is seeking applicants who are interested and passionate about how businesses work and operate. You should be keen on pursuing a career in the following areas of business but need more time and exposure before selecting
- Banking and Finance
- Digital Marketing and Branding
- Human Resource Management with Psychology
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Trade and Operations
You should demonstrate your interest, passion, talent and relevant skills in these areas through involvement and engagement in a range of pursuits including:
- Co-curricular activities (e.g. clubs or associations)
- Community events or community service projects
- Volunteering or religious activities
- Hobbies or leisure activities
- Small business ventures
We are looking for students with a genuine display of business and digital savviness, creative and critical thinking skills, initiative, collaboration skills, and self-determination. Our aim is to develop resilient students with a global mindset,
who contribute to the community and have strong sense of responsibility.
Shortlisted applicants would be required to sit for an aptitude test. The duration of the test is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. You will be assessed for your general abilities in areas such as language and numeracy skills, logical thinking and
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to an online interview to share more about your:
To help you prepare for the interview, here are some practice questions:
- Share with us a significant project that you have undertaken in the last six months. What are some of the challenges you have encountered and the learning points from the project?
- Could you share what you think would be an important life skill you should have and why? Give us some examples of how you have worked on it.
- Share with us your experience of any course-related activities you have participated in over the last year and how you have benefitted from them.
- Share with us any special skills or talent that you possess and how you think they can be utilised to help you in your journey at Singapore Polytechnic.
- Share with us your career aspirations and how do you think this course can help you to fulfil your aspirations.
More information on EAE Application
About EAE (sp.edu.sg)