DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (DBA - S71)
The skills gained upon completion of SP Business Admin will allow you to develop in your career. Many promising career opportunities await you! With the advantage of a broad-based curriculum, SP Business Admin prepares you for exciting careers in business which may stretch across any sector or industry. Your career options are therefore boundless.
Look forward to blazing new trails upon graduation in the following areas? Jobs directly related to your diploma include:
- Digital Marketing & Branding – Retail Management, Trade & Merchandising, Market Research, Brand Management, Digital Marketing, Business Development, Marketing Communications, and Public Relations.
- International Trade & Operations – Logistics Sales & Customer Service, Logistics & Freight Forwarding, Procurement, Project Management, Supply Chain Solutions Analyst.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship – Start a business, Work in family business, Business Development, Business Consultant, Sales, Account Management, Not-for-profit Fund-raiser.
You can choose to further your studies at reputable local and foreign universities, which grant modular to full year exemptions to our graduates. Enjoy generous advanced standing with foreign universities where you can enrol in the second year of various degree programmes. Being a broad-based diploma, our graduates have pursued bachelor degrees diverse areas such as Economics, Accountancy, Banking & Finance, Psychology and even Laws!
Over the year,s numerous SP Business Admin graduates have earned prestigious scholarships to pursue their further studies, some of our recent awardees include:
- Ferrell Yoong (Class of 2020) - Nanyang Technological University Scholarship
- Jose Raphael De Costa (Class of 2019) - National University of Singapore (NUS) Merit Scholarship
- Nur Saleha Binte Abdul Aziz (Class of 2019) - LKY-STEP Award
- Ng Jing Ying (Class of 2019) - Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarship
- Gabriel Tan JL (Class of 2017) - Singapore Management University Global Impact Scholarship
- Nur Umairah Bte Mohd Tahir (Class of 2017) - SkillsFuture Earn & Learn Programme Award
- Laura Anne Lau (Class of 2016) – Singapore Management University Lee Kong Chian Scholarship
- Daphne Yap (Class of 2016) - SkillsFuture Singapore and Workforce Singapore (SSG-WSG) joint undergraduate scholarship
- Wong Wei Kang (Class of 2014) - SPRING Executive Development Scholarship
- Nicole Chin (Class of 2015) - SkillsFuture Earn & Learn Programme Award
- Daryl Goh (Class of 2014) - SME Talent Programme Award
- Lee Qi Ni (Class of 2012) – ASEAN Scholarship
- John Ser (Class of 2012) - LKY-STEP Award & Singapore-Industry Scholarship (Charles & Keith)
- Lim Jia Hui (Class of 2011) – National University of Singapore Scholarship
- Joy Tan (Class of 2010) – Public Service Commission (PSC) Scholarship
- Serene Goh (Class of 2006) - Singapore Exchange Ltd (SGX) Scholarship
SkillsFuture Work-Study Post-Diploma (formally Skills Future Earn and Learn Programme)
Graduates may pursue a fast track career progression through this structured work-learn study programme which will give them a head-start in career in selected discipline of study. Graduates from SP Business Admin can select from many diverse field of disciplines and industry sectors including business administration and logistics to digital marketing and media, user experience design, accountancy, banking and finance, human resource and hospitality, just to name a few. It provides fresh polytechnic graduates with more opportunities, to build on the skills and knowledge they acquired in school, and supports their transition into the workforce.
More information can be found here.
Opportunities for professional studies
SP Business Admin students are also eligible for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification exemption for F1 (Accountant in Business) and F3 (Financial Accounting) paper.
"A qualification in business administration gives graduates opportunities abound. From start-ups and local companies, to non-profits, to working for global companies. I had a good experience in SP Business Admin as I managed to balance both my academics and student life, and that gave me the best of both worlds - intelligence and being street smart. In addition, I embarked on a community service project to Thailand which really opened my eyes and gave a fresh new perspective, leading to my creation of a non-government organisation which promotes volunteerism in Singapore."
(Class of 2010)
Partner, MEET Ventures
Chua Thian Poh Technopreneurship Scholar, Nanyang Technological University
Co-founder, (Strategy & Partnerships) XL Meets Pte Ltd
Company of Good Fellow, National Volunteer Philanthropy Centre (NVPC)
Advisory Board Member, Adam Smith Centre (Singapore)
Co-founder, EPIC (Asia) Youth Entrepreneurs Network
Committee Member, Protege Kita Entrepreneurship Acceleration Program
Committee Member, Singapore Malay Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Committee Member, Singaore Polytechnic School of Business' Advisory Committee
Entrepreneurship Mentor, Eastern Innovation Business Centre (Australia)
Entrepreneurship Mentor, Base Incubator (Indonesia)
Co-founder of Voluntarius (Singapore)
Council Member, Muslim Kidney Action Association